10.27.2009

Chrissie Cool



A thick tie usually brings to mind a wall street shark in an ill fitting, boxy cut suit..or Chrisse Hynde. She is one of the few people who can make a thick tie look cool. Beauty and confidence seems to radiates from her. I think the secret to staying eternally young and beautiful is not necessarily being a vegan (in Chrissie's case) but continually creating, dreaming, chipping away at new ideas and attempting to contribute to society. I had a professor in college who was so vibrant and young in both spirit and appearance..he looked no older than 60..the man was a 77 year old artist (he was one of the first people to experiment with video as an artform and continues to make and show his work.

The Pretenders released their new album "Break up the Concrete" a few months ago. Her voice is pure and crisp, her iconic pop/rock songs are girl power anthems. She is constantly on tour bringing unsurpassed energy. Chrissie forbids meat products from entering the venues she plays. Beauty is standing by your convictions. Chrissie Hynde is one of the few celebrity rockers who has not been injected, cut open, and molded. I love Chrissie's natural low maintenance look, her signature bangs, her t-shirts and jeans.

I do a lot of ranting here on some of my heroes, but it's because there are very few mainstream celebrities who aren't famous for any reason other than being what our current mainstream society thinks is valuable.. fame for fame's sake. The idea of internal beauty is a commonplace truism, but credit should be given when credit is due. I like to use my blog as a platform to recognize creators who have a strong personal aesthetic that reflects their personal creativity.

Thank you all for your mind blowing comments and for your beautiful blogs. They continue to inspire me. I am so proud to be part of this blog revolution.

24 comments:

crystal said...

I love this post! She rocks.

Sher said...

I think she is so you! It's nice to see where you get your inspirations from:)

Anna G said...

She has such great style. I'm so impressed by her. I'm sure I've heard some of her music. What would you recommend?

daisychain said...

You = awesome

Hélène Heath said...

you're right, inspiration is so personal but it's so great to be able to share it with others. Thanks for these photos, they've just inspired me too. Chrissie Hynde kicks ass!

Elaine said...

This collage is awesome!!!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Susan said...

love this post! she's awesome. you too :))
xoxo

Tights Lover said...

Great post. You are such a rocker...I love it!

Michael St. James said...

This post is the truth! Thanks for sharing. Awesome blog!

www.bagpoor.com

What is Reality Anyway? said...

i Love her, great post xx

Haute World said...

She's one terrific lady. I admire how she's been doing her thing for so long and not caring what anyone else or the media thinks. I think too many stars, whether they're famous or not yet, try too hard to portray an image and do thinks for the sake of doing it (or because they think it's expected). I know half of the celebs out there don't even care about the charitable causes they're supposedly supporting. And how can one not love this woman's voice and her style! Thanks for the amazing collage!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I can totally see you in her! You are AWESOME!

Vera said...

Beautifully said! Chrissie Hynde is fantastic, love the collage. The whole "famous for being famous" thing should lose momentum soon, if only for the obvious reason that it lacks substance. xo

E said...

She's my favorite chick rock icon. So damn badass.

this wheel's on fire said...

Always inspired when I come here--thank you! Love Chrisse, love you xo

Delikate Rayne said...

Oh man, what a great, fantastically, inspiring post...the epitome of rocker chic!

yiqin; said...

Ah love her :)

Valencia Lia said...

She is a true diva rocker chick !!

I love love her :)

K8 said...

you're a really great writer. And I agree Chrisse Hynde is truly amazing. I absolutely love her signature haircut too, I've been contemplating getting my hair cut like hers. So bold and rocker-esque. Love her!

Keith said...

She rocks! I've always been a big fan of hers. Thanks for doing this post on Chrissie.

street angel said...

I love her! Great pics!

indigotangerine said...

more than anything else she gives off this effortlessly coo, incredibly confident vibe.
-indigo

Anonymous said...

She is seriously the epitome of cool. Great collage of her too. And ditto to what you said about being part of this amazing community... I couldn't agree more!

xo, Becs

It's just a Monday said...

O yeah. She is amazing!

x